Tuesday, September 25, 2007

My Sacred Life - Day 22

Feeding a Healthy Addiction

So... after a long day at work I went to Michael's to pick up some fall foliage for some projects... and guess what!?!?!?! All their fall seasonal items were 50% off. *HAPPY DANCE*
So... not only do I have enough to finish my current project... but at least enough for the next 3!
Crafting is therepy for me as much as it's fun and entertaining. I usually craft in my room with incense, candles and some good music to keep me company and my muses happy. It makes me happy.

Words that amaze me...

Seek the wisdom
that will untie your knot
seek the path
that demands your whole being.
Leave that which is not, but appears
to be
seek that which is, but is
not apparent.
- Rumi

Through love,
Disaster becomes
Good fortune.
Through love,
A prison becomes
A garden.
-Rumi

I searched for God and found only myself. I searched for myself and found only God
-Sufi proverb

You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affect ion.
-Buddha

Buddhist Forgiveness Prayer
If I have harmed anyone, in any way, either knowingly or unknowingly through my own confusions, I ask forgiveness.
If anyone has harmed me, in any way, either knowingly or unknowingly through their own confusions, I forgive them.
And if there is a situation that I am not ready to forgive, I forgive myself for that.
For all the ways that I harm myself,
negate, doubt, belittle myself, judge or be unkind to myself
through my own confusions,
I forgive myself.

Earth teach me quiet ~ as the grasses are still with new light.
Earth teach me suffering ~ as old stones suffer with memory.
Earth teach me humility ~ as blossoms are humble with beginning.
Earth teach me caring ~ as mothers nurture their young.
Earth teach me courage ~ as the tree that stands alone.
Earth teach me limitation ~ as the ant that crawls on the ground.
Earth teach me freedom ~ as the eagle that soars in the sky.
Earth teach me acceptance ~ as the leaves that die each fall.
Earth teach me renewal ~ as the seed that rises in the spring.
Earth teach me to forget myself ~ as melted snow forgets its life.
Earth teach me to remember kindness ~ as dry fields weep with rain.
-Ute Prayer

Laughter from one of my fave movies... and I freely and open heartedly admit - I love Drop Dead Fred!



One of Your Smiles - Dierdre (Dubois)

I wish I knew what to call that place
Deep in the core of my within
For once I was like the ocean
And that's where you would always begin
You are more than the ocean
You are more than the moon
You are more like the stars in the sky
While you are wearing one of your smiles
And if I tried to see you now
You'd be dancing across the sky
And you'd be wearing your gypsy clothes
You'd be wearing one of your smiles

You are more than the ocean
You are more than the moon
You are more like the stars in the sky
While you are wearing one of your smiles
Something so pure about the love you gave
Nothing I know defines
You seem to drift but you carry me
While you are wearing one of your smiles
You are more than the ocean
You are more than the moon
You are more like the stars in the sky
While you are wearing one of your smiles
Ten thousand miles couldn't keep you
For you were more like the wind
All my life I will seek you
Deep in the core of my within
And if I tried to see you now
You'd be dancing across the sky
And you'd be wearing your gypsy clothes
And You'd be wearing one of your smiles
One of your smiles
Oh one of your smiles

No comments: