Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My Sacred Life - Day 18

When I was little, I loved receiving mail. It was always fun to run to the mailbox and scramble through the envelopes and if there were one for me... wooohoooo, it was like I had won the lottery!
As an adult, I love to get mail! Some things just don't change... well, perhaps I should state with the exception of bills.
I use email for work and a means of quick communication but there's something about writing a letter... handwriting - what a concept or picking out a card. Stationary is a downfall for me... one of my many which also include office supplies, kitchenware and power tools. Go figure.
I often will go to a stationary shop and make a huge purchase because I'll find cards that call to me. I may not have a person in mind at that particular time, but I know it'll find the right person at the right time.


Love Letters - Alison Moyet (cover version)

Love letters straight
From your heart
Keep us so near
While apart
I'm not alone in the night
When I can have all the love
That you write
I memorize every line
And I kiss the name
That you sign
And darling then
I read again
Right from the start
Love letters straight
From your heart
I memorize every line
And I kiss the name
That you sign
And darling then
I read again
Right from the start
Love letters straight
From your heart

... and here's the video! :) Gotta love the big 80s hair!

No comments: