Sunday, September 23, 2007

My Sacred Life - Day 20

I found this photo online under a "rain" search.

I didn't do anything but listen to the rain, listen to music, write and think about my week. I didn't take a photo, hence the web photo - which I love.
I absolutely LOVE rain.
When I was growing up in IL, we would have the most incredible storms - lightning, thunder, rain... and it was so wonderful. It was like another world. I loved the flashes of light illuminating the room, the roar of the storm and later the rain... as if to wash all the noise, grime and anger away leaving a song... a soothing song that I'd try to stay awake and listen to but always being lulled to sleep.
I've always been in love with rain as early as I can remember. It's not an odd sight to see me whirling around outside during a rainstorm... tho some would find that an odd behavior altogether I suppose. It's soothing, cleansing and brings my senses alive. The feel, the taste, the sound, the shimmering drops... and always... always the lovely scent afterwards. It renews my hope somehow... it grasps me and demands that I be present and listen. Be still, listen... and be aware. I am usually stuck with the need to write or work with my hands when it rains. It's as if the muses ignite all these thoughts and a million lightbulbs go on... and sometimes - it's just to lie and listen... which was much of the case yesterday.
I thought about my month and all the wonderful things I had been able to accomplish... not at all all those little things that didn't get done, or "failures" or anything "negative".
Little victories that make me happy...
-Reservations made/confirmed for Pantheacon
-Conf that a great number of my family from WA will be attending Pantheacon...
*I can already hear the odd conversations and insane laughter with Gaelan after long days of deep connections thru ritual, lectures, presentations, writing, singing/chant and dance... yay. Thank Gods for laughter... beautiful medicine and sacred indeed.
-An extended weekend in the near future
-Care packages sent out
-Walking with the divine among the ancient trees several times
-Moving out of my comfort zone... and letting go
-Surrender
So so much... just feeling blessed and so grateful.

Language just doesn't express... a lovely day... much needed introspection... beautiful reminder to make time to be still.

But Not Tonight - Depeche Mode

Oh God, it's raining
But I'm not complaining
It's filling me up
With new life
The stars in the sky
Bring tears to my eyes
They're lighting my way
Tonight
And I haven't felt so alive
In years
Just for a day
On a day like today
I'll get away from this
Constant debauchery
The wind in my hair
Makes me so aware
How good it is to live
Tonight
And I haven't felt so alive
In years
The moon
Is shining in the sky
Reminding me
Of so many other nights
But they're not like tonight
Oh God, it's raining
And I'm not containing
My pleasure at being
So wet
Here on my own
All on my own
How good it feels to be alone
Tonight
And I haven't felt so alive
In years
The moon
Is shining in the sky
Reminding me
Of so many other nights
When my eyes have been so red
I've been mistaken for dead
But not tonight

3 comments:

Beverly Keaton Smith said...

Your blog is beautiful and unique. Seems like you can find a meaningful song lyrics to go with every mood or occassion! Thanks for dropping by my blog and even linking to it! That's how I found yours! I'll be back! Beverly

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post! I also love the rain -- complete with thunder and lightening is the best. Enjoy.

Carla said...

How have I missed visiting your blog lately?!? Your posts are expressions of beauty and depth, and I LOVE your taste in music. I find thunderstorms and rain magical too.