Thursday, September 13, 2007

My Sacred Life - Day 12

Altar at work

Though I am at a bit of a crossroads with my job, there are still many beautiful things that I love about... things I sometimes forget.
I work with a very large interpretation company and of course, with all big companies - the bottom line is money. There have been so many changes, many of them that really don't sit well with me. Layoffs, outsourcing, loss of many qualified and dedicated interpreters... not to mention the management/corporate drama.
I love what I do because I directly assist in communication, many times in emergency situation. I've had interpreters call me in tears telling me that "I just delivered a baby!" Of course, there are moments where it breaks your heart when the news isn't good... but just the same, it's communication. Celebration, closure, assistance... it's about connection and getting something important done with heart. I love that. I love that our job makes a difference.
I've had many less than graceful days over the past month and though I know something must change, I'm a little lost and caught in the middle.
I have an altar at my desk, though most people would think it's a few nick nacks... it makes a huge difference in my day. It consists of my loved ones photos, my little skunk figurine who reminds me to keep my boundaries, Kuan Yin who reminds me to embrace compassion as gracefully as possible, Green Tara to overcome dangers, fears and anxieties, and to overcome the most difficult of situations, my silver Om, and of course... my giraffes.

Silence - Aine Minogue

Welcome.. silence... to my place
I've missed you for so long
I sought your face a thousand times in voices loud and strong
In searching for your solitude... I looked and looked without
And where else should I find your face... upon this holy ground.
Now... silence... would you not... spend more time just here
Your breeze is as a lover fine, a lover fine to me
And in the quiet darkness of our sacred place
I'd hold your court and bid you never leave here or away
Through worlds divine and shadows fine and 'cross the seven seas
Forever searching... wanderlust... in hopes of home to see
If... silence... you've a home... a place for us to be
Then glad I'll be your lover true
And go there... go there... with you

Gayatri Mantra

No comments: