Tuesday, October 2, 2007

My Sacred Life - Day 28



When I think of the people in my life who love me, unconditionally, it overwhelms me.
The past few days have been a bit of an emotional roller coaster and I'm so grateful for the hands of spirit that hold me up and the love of family.
Tonight will just be simple and slow and quiet... and that is okay.
The sweet tomatoes and luscious cheese was simple and making the balsamic reduction woke me and moved me in a softer place... and present.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It's funny how in a rush or during a crisis how we can float on currents or responsibilities that need to be done that we forget the necessary things like eating or taking care of ourselves - taking care of our selves by nurturing our spirit... which for me, lets me know if I'm not and usually not in a subtle way...WAKE UP, SHUT UP AND TAKE ANOTHER LOOK. It's funny but not so much in a ha ha kinda way.
I don't like complaining, sitting on the pity pot, or wallowing so there's not much else to do except... CHANGE IT. It's so not about comfort...
So... moving toward a few changes earlier than expected yet being more patient with mysef when my first urge is to beat myself up. It's not about comfort... it's not about comfort...it's not about comfort

Everything - Alanis Morissette

I can be an asshole of the grandest kind
I can withhold like it's going out of style
I can be the moodiest baby and you've never met anyone
Who is as negative as I am sometimes
I am the wisest woman you've ever met.
I am the kindest soul with whom you've connected.
I have the bravest heart that you've ever seen
And you've never met anyone
Who's as positive as I am sometimes.
You see everything, you see every part
You see all my light and you love my dark
You dig everything of which I'm ashamed
There's not anything to which you can't relate
And you're still here
I blame everyone else, not my own partaking
My passive-aggressiveness can be devastating
I'm terrified and mistrusting
And you've never met anyone as,
As closed down as I am sometimes.
You see everything, you see every part
You see all my light and you love my dark
You dig everything of which I'm ashamed
There's not anything to which you can't relate
And you're still here
What I resist, persists, and speaks louder than I know
What I resist, you love, no matter how low or high I go
I'm the funniest woman that you've ever known
I'm the dullest woman that you've ever known
I'm the most gorgeous woman that you've ever known
And you've never met anyone
Who is as everything as I am sometimes
You see everything (you see everything), you see every part (you see every part )
You see all my light (you see all my light) and you love my dark (and you love my dark )
You dig everything (you dig everything) of which I'm ashamed (of which I'm ashamed)
There's not anything (there's not anything) to which you can't relate (to which you can't relate)
And you're still here
(You see everything, you see every part)
And you're still here
(You see all my light and you love my dark)
And you're still here
(You dig everything of which I'm ashamed)
(There's not anything to which you can't relate)
And you're still here...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the salad!